Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Live Earth Made Me Cry

It was New Years Eve in 2000. I was sitting in my apartment, alone, watching television. There were tears flowing down my cheeks. No, it wasn't because I was alone. It was because I was watching the broadcast of new year's celebrations from the major cities around the globe.

It wasn't sad crying, it was a happy, loving cry. I felt a love for my fellow human being like I had never experienced before. I had a realization that we truly were all the same. That there is no difference in us because of our skin color or culture or border or anything that has kept us from that realization in the past That there was no separation.

We had one unified purpose on that night and that was to celebrate the dawn of a new century together. It showed me that we experience the same feelings and emotions no matter who we are or where we are.

July 7th 2007 I experienced that feeling once again. 07/07/07. What an appropriate day to stage an event for the whole world to experience. In numerology, 7 is a spirit day.Spirit was definitely present on this day.

In case you don't know, I am talking about the Live Earth event that was masterfullyorganized, broadcast and attended from Australia, Japan, China, South Africa, Germany,The U.K., Brazil and the U.S.A.

Once again because of the wonders of modern technology just like back in 2000the world got to experience not just the home country celebrations but all of them in the chronological order of time zones starting with Australia.

The intent of the day was to raise the consciousness on the subject of global warming with a call to action to take a 7 part pledge to commit to changing our habits regarding energy consumption and to pressure our governments into changing policies with respect to environmental conservation and carbon emissions.

The figurehead of the movement was Al Gore, former U.S. Vice President and producer of the Oscar winning film called "An Inconvenient Truth".

But the day, for me, wasn't about Al Gore or even global warming. As far as global warming I believe that the solution will be found in alternative sources of energy.The four resources that are free, environmentally neutral and in never-ending abundance are the tidal power of the ocean,the sun, to a lesser extent, the wind and the substance that makes up a full 90% of the universe, hydrogen. All or a combination of these four sources would generate the world power needs without leaving the footprint that coal or fossil fuels do now.

No, the day for me was more validation that we are getting closer to the concept of unity consciousness. The knowing that we are all one. That we are all in this together. Together as a whole we can change anything we desire. If the attendance and viewer numbers for Live Earth are any indication of desire, I would say we want to change they way we treat our Mother Earth.

With this showing of singular purpose nothing is impossible. And to me, it doesn't matter what the purpose is, it's the demonstration of a unified voice, a unified heart.

Just think of the things we could eliminate in this world if we all felt like one family. Where what is happening to one member of our family is happening to all of us. Racism, war, corruption, competition, poverty violence against each other.

Nothing is impossible. It's events like Live Earth that give me the inner knowing that it is happening right now.

There I was. Sunday morning. Watching another piece of technology that is a catalyst for world unification. The world wide web. Watching Live Earth. Switching around the globe at the click of a mouse. Feeling unconditional love for everyone. Thinking back to that night in 2000. Alone again but comforted in the knowledge that I am never alone. My family is with me and I am a part of the whole.

And a tear rolled down my cheek.

No comments: